How to Delete Kik Account Permanently
In a very short span of time, Kik messaging app managed to acquire more than 200 million users worldwide. That speaks volumes about the popularity of the app. However, Kik isn’t devoid of spams; if truth be told there’s a lot of it. So, if you no longer wish to use Kik on account of spam messages, here is how to delete Kik permanently from your phone or any other mobile device you may be using.
Must Visit : How to Download Kik for PC
Deleting Kik Permanently
Many people wonder why delete the Kik account when you can simply remove the app from the phone. After all, this will keep you from receiving any unwanted or spam messages. However, if you don’t intend to use this messaging app ever, there is no point leaving your personal information accessible to the others.
Also, if you would only uninstall the app and not delete the account, your friends that are connected to your on Kik will continue to think you are still using the app. They might send the messages to you and will never get to hear back from you. By deleting the account before uninstalling the app your connections will know you are not there any longer. So, they will not wait on you for the reply.
Here are two ways to delete the Kik account permanently.
How to Delete Kik account through the App
- 1. Open the Kik app on your smartphone or tablet
- 2. Go to the Settings
- 3. Tap on the button labelled ‘Reset Kik Messenger’
- 4. A confirmation pop-up will be displayed; tap ‘Yes’
This will delete all your messages and app history permanently. You will not be able to use the app any longer
Deactivating Kik using your computer
- 1. Visit the URL https://ws.kik.com/deactivate using your browser
- 2. Enter the email address that you used to sign up for the Kik account; you will receive an email with the link to deactivate the account
- 3. Follow the simple process to deactivate the account
- 4. Deactivation is the same as deletion. All your history and messages will be removed permanently
What will happen after deactivation or deletion?
- Once you have deactivated or deleted the Kik account, you will not receive any emails or messages from Kik.
- Your friends will not be able to send messages to your using Kik app
- You will be removed from the contact list of all your friends on Kik
- People will not be able to look up for you using your email address or username
- All your messages and Kik history will be removed permanently
A few things to keep in mind
- It would be a great idea to clear the cache on your device before deactivating or deleting the Kik account
- If you have any data pertaining to your Kik account on your phone, remove it before deleting the account. It will occupy unnecessary space on your mobile device.
- If you installed the Kik app using the APK file, and you don’t plan to use the app again, remove it from your phone storage to clear up the space.
- If you are deleting the account using your computer and you do not receive the email, make sure that you check your spam or junk folder
I have an issue regarding deleting the Kik account.
When I did like u said I saw there was no option for reset kik! I want u to find other way to delete the Kik account. Please I really need to delete it.
Reset is not available!!!