Kik is one of the most widely used messaging apps these days. In a very short period of time, since its inception, Kik has managed more than 200 million downloads. That’s indeed pretty awesome. With Kik messenger you can send instant messages, videos, audio, pictures and files instantly to your friends.
The challenge is that it is a mobile-only app (at least officially). But, sometimes, you want to keep your phone aside and use your PC or laptop to chat. Mobile is good when you are on the go. However, when you are home and let’s say working on your computer, instead of having to pick your phone every time you wished to send a message, you would just want to type it using the keyboard. Also, typing on the keyboard is way easier than using the keypad on the phone.
Unfortunately, Kik hasn’t introduced any desktop or web-based app yet. This means that there is no official way to sign in to Kik and use it online. Thankfully, there is a workaround and we will take a quick look into it.
The most common workaround to use any mobile-only app on your PC is downloading and installing a good quality Android emulator. The good news is that there are several top-grade emulators, such as BlueStacks and Andyroid, out there. But, some people seem to cringe at the thought of installing something additional on their PC. Especially, if you intend to use only one app on the PC, you would not want to go through the hassles.
So, what are your options? Well, you will need to use an emulator to use the mobile app on your computer; but, you don’t necessarily have to install it. There is path-breaking, innovative, web-based emulation for Android called Manymo (which is a portmanteau of two words “Many” and “More”.)
Honestly, Manymo isn’t exactly a very popular app; but it doesn’t make it any less useful. In fact, we have tried and used it extensively and found it to be just about as good as any installable emulator. This emulator allows you to use all the Android mobile apps right on your computer.
So, you can now sign in to and use Kik online without having to install any additional software on your computer.
What’s really awesome is that Manymo is totally free. All you need to do is sign up for the service to access it and you will be able to use Kik messenger online. There is a paid version too, but that’s required only if you wish to access advanced functionalities. For Kik, free version is good enough.
You need a Google Play Account
Remember that you need an active Google Play account in order to use Kik Login or any other Android app through Manymo. This is because you will need the APK file for Kik app and it has to be downloaded from Google Play. The downloaded file will then be uploaded to the Manymo online emulator.
You will need an Android phone to sign up for Google Play account. If you don’t have one, you can borrow someone else’s ID.
Also see : How to Delete Kik Account Permanently
Kik Login Online using Manymo
- Once you have signed up for Google Play account, you will need to download the APK file to your computer. This file will be required when you have a running emulator. Keep the file on your computer if you are using the free Manymo account. This is because free version does not give you the online storage option and thus you will need to re-upload the APK file every time you restart the emulator.
- Go to the Manymo website and sign up for the free services to create an account. Do not forget the email ID and your password you used at the time of creation of the Manymo account.
- Once you have created the Manymo account you can upload the Kik APK file on the online emulator. You will be presented with various screen size choices. Large screen that aligns with the screen of your computer is a good choice.
- You can upload the Kik messenger APK file by clicking on the “Launch with App” button on the emulator
- The screen of your computer will bear the resemblance to the Android screen of your phone or tablet
- Use your existing login credentials of Kik messenger. All your Kik data and cache will be synched on your PC. And, now you can easily login Kik online.
Kik Login with installable emulator
If you don’t mind installing an additional software program onto your computer, and also you intend to use lots of Android mobile apps on your PC, you may want to use the installable emulator instead.
You can download and install one of the emulators, such as BlueStacks or Andyroid. Launch the emulator and sign in with your Google Play ID. You will see the Android environment right on your computer. You can search for any Android supported app and use it on your computer.
Is Kik Online Login Safe?
For the first few months after its launch, there were many issue found in Kik Login. But, the developers resolved all the issues and made the app more safer for the users. So, this is completely safe now.